Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blitz going well, long going hell.

I haven't written for almost two months so I think its time to for update:

Good news: I played in team blitz championship of East-Finland region couple weeks ago (open for clubs from our region). 12 teams participated. I was "on the mood" and achieved my best blitz result ever - 20.5 points out of 22 games. My opponents ranged from 1660 rated to 2200 rated, average being 1870. Unfortunately the event was unrated, and even more unfortunately our team didn't win the tournament.

Not-so-good news: What comes to normal OTB games, I am in losing streak. About month ago I lost very important game against 1960-rated player. I had clearly better position but blew it - not a surprise. Also THIS happened to be rated game.

And yesterday I lost against 1600-player. Nothing more to say.

2 comments:

wormwood said...

too bad, man. but sometimes it just rains no matter what you do. I'm sure it'll all sort out.

Jusah said...

yeah but still...

I know I'll regain my best form but the thing is that 22-23 April is the only annual weekend tournament in Mikkeli. So I better winning soon. And, most probably, it will again be the only one I play in this year.