Thursday, May 3, 2007

Weee...2004

My new national rating is 2004. So first time I have +2000 rating.

I also visited CTS and solved some puzzles. Due my high RD my rating sank under 1750. I dont even remember what it is now, and I dont care. I think that way too many 1600-1800 rated problems are not real "problems"; they are more like positions where there are no real tactical shot to be found but instead you just have to find a way make best defensive/offensive move or simply recapture a piece. I hate that, because I am there only to keep my tactical eye sharpened, not to think about positional factors and stuff. It really bugs when you are searching to find cool combination and the solution is something like simply recapturing opponents piece.

1 comment:

transformation said...

hearty congratulations on your 2000+ national rating. we in the ranks below have the good envey of friends who desire such things--but so few can attain!--but feel joy at your success.

bravo!

warmly, david